So, here it is.
2 Superfoods that DON’T taste gross and STILL give you tons of energy!
Yup…matcha. I was resistant to matcha, to be frank, I didn’t know how it could taste good. Yes, I am a nutritionist, but also as a holistic teaching chef food NEEDS to taste good too. Green powder~ how could I make this taste good? Well, I did.
Why Try Matcha?
- High in Antioxidants
- Enhances Feeling Calm
- Boosts Memory and Concentration
- Increases Energy Levels and Endurance.
- Fortifies the Immune System.
When? I suggest taking it in the am or not past 2 pm or it could keep you up at night.
How? I have been adding it to my smoothies ( try my green detox smoothie on Rogers TV Here) OR my winter favourite is warming up almond milk, cinnamon and pure maple syrup for a homemade late.
Here is a simple recipe.
- ½ cup hot water
- ½ cup coconut milk, almond or cashew milk
- 1/2 teaspoon matcha tea powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of coconut oil or butter
- 1 tablespoon of pure maple syrup
Take matcha and add 1-2 Tablespoons of hot water and make a paste. Heat up the water and milk above. Add matcha/water paste, pure maple syrup, coconut oil, and cinnamon.
I love avocados. There is even an avocado emoji! ( Yes, I use it!)
- They Contain More Potassium Than Bananas.
- Loaded With Heart-Healthy Monounsaturated Fatty Acids.
- High In Fibre
- Helpful in Managing Blood Sugar
- Nourishing for Eczema Issues
An Avocado Baked egg. Hands down.
My favourite breakfast and post workout snack of all time!
Preheat the oven to 4ooF.
- Slice the avocados in half, and take out the pit.
- Place the avocados in a small baking dish.
- Crack an egg into each avocado half. MAKE NOTE: I suggest using a small egg over a large one.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. …
- Remove from oven, then season with sea salt and pepper OR top with salsa.
There you have it.
2 SUPERFOODS (green even) that don’t taste gross!
Have you joined the Live The Smart Way Program? If you like food that TASTES good and is good for you….you can learn more here to see what all the buzz is about.
Live Life Delicious! xo