GOD do I ever love dark chocolate…and apparently so do legends like OPRAH!!!
This gluten-free, dairy-free, refined sugar-free, vegan fudge has become all the healthy sweet tooth rage. Not only did it become an instant hit and favorite treat, it was also a green room treat exclusively hand-picked for Oprah when she visited Ottawa on her Canadian speaking tour a few years ago.
I was so honoured! But hey, it’s absolutely delicious so who can blame her for indulging? Now you can indulge too!
Kathy Smart’s FAMOUS Chocolate Fudge
Makes 18 pieces
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond butter or natural peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut, peanuts, cashews or pistachios
- Put all ingredients into a food processor and pulse a few times until blended. Do not over-pulse or it will become runny.
- Line a muffin tray with liners and add 1 tbsp of the mixture.
- Place muffin tray in freezer for 10 minutes until firm.
- Serve with some blackberries or other delicious berries.
5 Ways to Get Back into your routine
Yup, it’s that time of year again… it is TIME for a return to ROUTINE!
Here are 5 SIMPLE Tips to get back into your routine, with as few hiccups as possible.
- Wake up – and get up – 10 minutes earlier than you think you need to. Why? Just an extra 10 minutes in the morning can make the difference between you packing a healthy lunch, or wasting money on food that doesn’t even taste good.
- Pack and set out your workout clothes the night before. Why? Grab and go. No excuses.
- Drink one HUGE glass of water as soon as you wake up. Why? During the night, you have been dehydrating. Time to WAKE UP and get hydrated, baby! This will eliminate toxins and constant headaches. You know those people who always have headaches? Sigh… just drink water, yo, not Coke (gross!)
- Make Smoothie Freezer Packs. Stuff everything you need to make your smoothie into a Ziploc bag, and freeze. You can do quite a few of these at once! In the morning, dump in the blender hit blend, and out the door, you go! Instant nutrition! ( check out my freezer pack how to here____( insert link)
- Breathe, and breathe deeply. Honestly, as someone who has struggled with anxiety, I get it. Sometimes it is hard to breathe. Feeling stressed with everything you have to do? Breathe in for 3, hold for 3, exhale for 3. A good trick to repeat to yourself… Smell the Roses, Hold the smell, Blow out the Birthday Candles ( this is a great saying to teach little kids to deep breathe.)
P.S. Have YOU heard?
I have started a podcast!
Listen here to what the MOST IMPORTANT muscle is here on iTunes… my answer will surprise you:)