I just love fresh strawberries!
I go strawberry picking every year at a local strawberry farm:)
I am always looking for NEW ways to use these nutrient-dense berries.
How about a Salsa?
The combination of sweet, spicy and salty in the recipe will keep your guests double dipping!
Sweet and Spicy Strawberry Mango Salsa
- 2 cups of fresh strawberries, diced
- 1 large mango, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/8 cup of red onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon of red pepper flakes or 1/2 jalapeno pepper ,diced (you can remove seeds for a milder taste or keep them if you want extra heat)
- Juice of 3 fresh limes
- 1 Tablespoon of honey
- ½ teaspoon each of sea salt and black pepper
Place all ingredients in a bowl and stir.
Salsa is best served the day it’s made and is excellent with gluten-free corn tortilla chips, cucumber slices or served on fish or chicken.
Strawberries aren’t only delicious they are high in vitamin C. Vitamin C is an important vitamin to boost your immune system and help your body handle stress.
A half cup serving of strawberries contains 51.5 mg of vitamin C which is about half of your daily requirement.
Enjoy this delicious way to add strawberries into the mix for your upcoming Canada Day Celebration!
Live Life Delicious!