Have you ever asked yourself the question, ” How should I eat and exercise for MY Body Type?”
Having spent over 19 years in the fitness and nutrition industries, I have learned many things.
Most importantly, I’ve learned that we are all unique!
We all have different body types, blood types, and genetic dispositions that create a unique metabolism.
The lifestyle choices that work for your friend may be THE worst things for you to do!
The TYPE of body type you have affects how you FEEL when you eat certain foods and do certain exercises.
Find out YOUR body type and learn what foods and exercises work best for you!
Are you an ‘ Apple’ or a ‘ Pear?’
Find Out Your Body Type By Answering The Following Sets Of Questions
- Do you store body fat in the upper arms, chest and back?
- Do you have ‘bra fat’ or a classic ‘beer belly’ if you are a male?
- Do you crave salty, fatty foods?
- Do you have a family history of heart disease and diabetes?
- Is your waist circumference over 35 inches (female) or 40 inches (male)?
If you answered YES to 3 or more of the above, you are a classic “apple” shape.
Characteristic of “Apples”: You typically have steady energy throughout the day but tend to have an insatiable appetite.
Strategies For “Apples”:
- Your metabolism needs foods that will calm your adrenals to help with your appetite such as maca, whole grains at every meal and focus on calcium rich foods.
- The majority of your eating should be from plants.Eat Veggies Like It’s Your Job.
- Your protein sources should be coming from fish, chicken, nuts and seeds and legumes for an increased metabolism (as opposed to a thick steak!)
- Your best exercise is yoga to keep you breathing and calm,light weights ( not heavy) and light- moderate cardio under 45 minutes per day. Focus on strengthening your core muscles for a whittled waist. You can watch my belly blasting abs circuit here for inspiration. Ensure that you keep your waist circumference under 35 inches for females and 40 inches for males. Healthy waist circumference is key for this body shape to decrease their risk of heart disease, diabetes, and high cholesterol.
- Do you store body fat in the buttocks and upper thighs?
- Do you have cellulite?
- Do you crave baked goods, sweets, and caffeine?
- Do you have a family history of hormone or thyroid issues?
- Is the lower half of your body significantly larger than the top half?
If you answered YES to 3 or more of the above, you are a classic “pear” shape.
Characteristic of “Pears”: You too often suffer from fatigue during the day and need caffeine in the morning as well as a sweet treat at 3pm to keep you going.
Strategies For “Pears”:
- Your metabolism needs foods to stimulate both your adrenals and your thyroid for easy body-fat loss, such as animal sourced protein and healthy fats coming from nuts and seeds.
- Focus on protein coming from red meat, bison, salmon, and eggs.
- You need to limit fruits, wheat products, and sugar to restore your metabolism. AVOID sugar like the plague!
- Your best choice for exercise is heavy weights and NOT overdoing cardio.Choose HIIT training for cardio over long endurance type of cardio.
Watch my Canada AM spot here on different food choices for apple and pear.
Always remember we are each so unique and there are 7 billion people on earth~ that means there are 7 billion different ways to eat!
Questions? Post a comment below and I am happy to help or tune into our next Facebook Live by liking our FB page!
Live Life Delicious!
P.S Follow my health inspirations on Facebook, Twitter or on Instagram.